Type I demons here
Yay, we finally got type I filled out.
As a reminder, here's how it works: I'll post the statistics for each type of demon in turn, then we'll generate 13 names and descriptions or variant demons that use the same stats-- One from the standard D&D presentation (the specific fluff descriptions I'm using are from AD&D 2e, but the stats are from Labyrinth Lord), six original ones from me, and six more original ones from you readers. Little adjustments, particularly in terms of its special abilities, are okay, but try to keep it compatible. If you can provide an image, so much the better, but just a name and description is all I ask.
Demon, Type II
No. Enc.: 1d3 (1d6)
Alignment: Chaotic (evil)
Movement: 120' (40')
Armor Class: -2
Hit Dice: 9
Attacks: 3 (2 claws, bite)
Hoard Class: XIV
Type II demons are susceptible to ordinary weapons. Type II demons have the following spell-like abilities, usable at will: darkness 10' radius, detect invisibility, fear (as wand of fear), levitate, and telekinesis (300 lbs.). In addition, a type II Demon may gate (25% probability of success) another type II demon.
Some type II demons can emit a choking stench.
- Hezrou: Hezrou look like large, roughly humanoid toads with arms in place of forelegs. They stand upright or on all four limbs by turns. They have rows of blunt, powerful teeth; spines run the length of their back.
- Khaaz: Khaaz have a shrieking mandrill's head, a rattlesnake's tail, and a hulking turtle-like body. They are special servants of Demogorgon.
- Shopheeei: Shopheeei have fearsome pincers and huge mandibles like a stag beetle-- the only protrusions visible from a cloud of magical darkness that cannot be dispelled. Some say there is nothing but claws and mouthparts.
- Burakks: Burakks are polar-bearlike, with a tiger's stripes and long tail and great saber-teeth. Their bulging eyes are completely silver, with no visible pupil. When bugbears congregate in groups larger than a family, it is to summon and worship a Burakk.
- Isenvorgh: Isenvorgh look like huge werewolves made of molten metal. In battle they prefer to wrestle, using their liquid bodies to drown their opponents.
- Snarri: Snarri look like diseased ogres walking stooped over like an ape. In place of feet and hands, they have great hooves, and their teeth look like iron bear traps. They often sport mechanical implants with unpredictable effects.
- Lazzes: Lazzes are bloated snails, with two rhino heads and one alligator head. The rhino heads are naturally peaceful and hate violence, but have no control over their body or independence, so they weep constantly.
- Ghologtru: Look like skinless anthropomorphic hyenas (or gnolls) with an ever-rolling third eye in the middle of their forehead like polished marble. (Credit to Trey)
- Ithlixi: appear like a snarl of hair within which drooling, needle-toothed maws can occasional be seen opening and closing atop four scabrous chicken legs. They constantly emit gurgling obscenities in myriad of human tongues. (Credit to Trey)
- Wasmenti - vaguely humaniform, appear to be incredibly worn statues formed from jade and rusted copper. (Think Venus of Willendorf stylization, but thin and androgynous and green). Hover enigmatically. The "claw/claw/bite" is actually portions of the copper flaking off and being fired at close range into its foes. (Credit to Allandarios)
- Phoaa - these demons appear always as utterly mundane little girls, dressed and accoutered as appropriate for where they are found, but most often in simple peasant garb. They are utterly unremarkable at first glance, but can be discovered by two different tell-tales: the first is that they have no navels, not even a trace of one; the second is that they can not eat any normal food, and can only subsist upon the blood of intelligent humans and demi-humans. (Credit to Jason Packer)